Pages

1.09.2012

My love/hate relationship with Gene Simmons

   I was never really a fan of the band KISS. Don't get me wrong, who doesn't love "I wanna rock n roll all night"?! I was more intrigued with Gene Simmons himself than the music or band itself- and not for the reasons most woman were. Its actually the complete opposite. I find Gene to be very unattractive so I was fascinated by how many woman threw themselves at this man. I hated him for his womanizing. When I first saw the preview for his reality show Family Jewels, I knew I had to watch. Once I did, I was hooked and kind of fell in love with him for the family man he was. 
   I'm not sure if it was Shannon, Sophie or Nick that reeled me in or the concept of this abnormal family being so normal! I hated Gene for treating Shannon, the mother of his children, the way that he had for so many years. He seemed to adore her but still did his own thing outside the relationship. His excuse was they weren't married so it was Okay...but it was not okay and Shannon leaves. The kids stand by their mom and let Gene know this loud and clear. At the end of the day- it doesn't matter who you are...kids have their moms back!
   Gene realized what a douche he had been and how badly he had hurt the woman he had loved for so many years - as well as hurting his children. He said Shannon was the only woman he had ever loved. He was scared of losing her. He proposed, and she said yes - making their children so happy to finally have that normal family life they had been wanting for years.
   As a mom, I fell in love with Gene for doing the right thing for his family. He didn't think it was possible for him to commit to marriage- but he did it to keep his family. There is so much love in this family, it was so hard not to fall in love with them all. Gene- you have redeemed yourself with me! I might not want to sleep with you, but your definitely welcome in my house!



                     Max rockin out with Gene!!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment