Pages

7.10.2012

Mrs. Roper remix!

The warm weather makes me all sorts of crazy- in a good way. It makes me feel so alive! Being a New Yorker, the winter can be draining. The trees are stark, the sky is grey, the streets are barren. And...it's so damn long.

When the warm weather begins and the flowers start to bloom, its like a new beginning for me. I feel refreshed, rejuvenated. This feeling makes me want to be outside as much as possible so I can soak up the warmth while it lasts. Suddenly I find myself at happy hour with my girls, dinners with the hubbie, outdoor excursions with the kiddies- especially the beach.

Of course for all of these outings- one needs the perfect outfit for each! I love summer clothing as much as I love feeling the sun on my face. The colorful and vibrant color palettes reflect just how I'm feeling. I am definitely a risk taker with my attire at times and the summer is no exception- especially when you aren't hiding a great outfit under a heavy jacket.  

Since we are at the beach most days, cover ups are a must have. I came across this Mrs. Roper-esque cover up that I fell in love with and snagged for $17 bucks from $49! So not only am a rockin a Mrs. Roper remix- I got it for a price she would have paid as well!

Come and knock on my door!

I hope to make Mrs. Roper proud...I think she'd love it and want one of her own!




If you suffer cover-up envy like Mrs. Roper, go to Gap and get your own!



7 comments:

  1. Oh I love that cover up and I love the throw back to Mrs. Roper.

    I answered you on my blog, but I'll tell you here too that I'm from bensonhurst. Such a small world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how summer makes me feel too. I love the coverup!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!

      I love that its still on the website for $50 but I managed to get it for $17!! Whohooooo!!! LOL

      Delete
  3. Ohhhh I like your floral cover - up soo nice and just perfect for summer fashion style.. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete