Pages

10.21.2013

Yummy Mummy Marshmallow Treat



Seeing Chloe and Max's faces light up when they came home to these marsh-mummies was a treat in itself! They both love marshmallows so I kinda knew these easy Halloween treats would be a hit. I plan on making a batch for each of their classes fall festival celebrations - since I love seeing little faces light up so much!

I'm absolutely loving this fall. The weather, the festivities, the sweaters and boots, and of course-the food. I'm happy to be enjoying another season as much as I do summer! This is definitely a new found love for me- but I'm welcoming it with opened arms! The kids and I went pumpkin picking on a farm last week with friends. We went on a hay ride and fed some bunnies along with some other smelly animals! As much as I enjoyed myself, the city girl in me cannot handle smelly animals! Luckily there were also some good smells too, like that of roasted corn on the cob! The farm had it's own gourmet market that had many yummy things to buy such as zucchini chips and butternut squash & apple soup. My friend Gina and I shared a fresh mozzarella panini with balsamic reduction that was pretty darn good! The market is where I got the inspiration for these marsh-mummies.  It was a great day with friends and my favorite little peeps! 



Marsh-mummies

Ingredients:
Directions:
  1. Melt desired amount of chocolate. I used approximately 1/4 of a bag for 6 marshmallows. 
  2. Put straws inside marshmallows (do not poke through top).
  3. Using the skewer, dip one end in the chocolate and go around the marshmallow with it. As the chocolate dries, it looks very much like the bandages of a mummy! I covered the entire top with the chocolate using a spoon. Each one will be unique and that makes them even more special.
  4. Dot 2 spots of melted chocolate where you want the eyes and place an eye over each dot.
  5. Stand the marsh-mummies up and allow them to dry. I used a mason jar.


Your little ghouls and goblins will love their mummy even more for these amazingly tasty Halloween treats! They are equal parts delicious and adorable! Enjoy!

19 comments:

  1. White chocolate and marshmallows...where do I sign up?!! SO cute!! Adorable straw choice, too!! I love this!! I'm pinning it right this minute!! --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to tell you- they really taste AMAZING!!! I was so happy with the way they turned out! Thank you so much for pinning Lisa!!! Pinterest is a bloggers BFF!!!

      Delete
  2. I've been embracing fall this year more than ever. I don't know if it's having two kids, or that I live in New England and this year's foliage show has been spectacular..something.
    Your whole post made me hungry! Fresh mozzarella! Marshmallows! My daughter's favorite food here. And I always buy Wilton's melting chocolate. It's safe to say this will happen for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your kids will seriously LOVE them!! And honestly- so will you!!

      Delete
  3. That looks like fun! And delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This photo came out amazing! What is that chalkboard background, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS Gina!!! Your session paid off- lol.
      I bought it at TJ Maxx...feel free to borrow! I love it too!!

      Delete
  5. I love it! That looks super professional. You should come here and set that up for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you weren't in Jersey I'd be yours Melissa!!! lol

      Delete
  6. I love this! I have seen these striped straws around when Halloween shopping and wished I had a creative idea to use them with. Definitely making these for my girls! Thanks for a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and you're very welcome! I hope your girls love them as much as my kids do! I used the straws for shakes and smoothies as well- however, they don't work very well as actual straws!!

      Delete
  7. These look as adorable as they do scrumptious! The straws really add extra fall flare, as well :) Stopping by from SITS :) Have a great rest of your weekend!

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.stephanieziajka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! They really are tasty! My kids have been asking for them everyday since making them!

      Delete