Pages

12.11.2011

V8 infused Pastina

This is one of my Grandma's healthy secrets that she made for me as a little girl. She would boil Pastina in water until the water was almost gone. Next, she would pour V8 (I use the low sodium) into the pot while still boiling and continue to boil it on a very low flame. Put enough V8 in to cover the Pastina, not to make it soupy. Add a little butter (the amount depends on how much pastina your making, I put very little), a pinch of salt and some grated cheese. Chloe eats this at least 3 days a week at school. She loves it and I feel good about her eating it because she is getting 1 full serving of vegetables out of it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! i found your blog when searching for meal ideas for my toddler. i would like to try this, but i'm not sure how much water to use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a small pot & fill it half way. You'll learn to adjust the water...if you feel like you need more- add it as it boils. I like to boil it down until there is hardly any water and then I add the V8.

      Let me know how it goes!!!

      Delete