Pages

3.03.2013

Change

 
As I was going through my past posts, I came across this one and was surprised I never published it. I wrote it at the end of summer when Fall was upon us.
 

Change is always present in our lives. Although it may not always be easy, I believe change is good.

And...it is definitely in the air. For me, my 4 year old daughter starts Kindergarten, my 2 year old son, pre-school. I am looking forward to the routine that comes along with the school year, the leaves turning from green to various shades of reds, oranges and yellows and cooler days for long walks and bike rides with the kids. I'm also looking forward to making some of the changes I have been wanting to make to Secrets of a Momaholic for quite some time now. The few hours I will have to myself  (for the first time in almost 5 years!) while Max is in pre-school will be dedicated to my writing.

I write about what I love. My family, my kids, healthy food for kids. I like writing about topics that may help other moms. I enjoy writing stories that touch people whether it be funny or sentimental. I have written about fitness in past posts and have gotten a great response. Fitness has been a big part of my life, something I have had a love/hate relationship with most of my life. As much as I love it, its a constant struggle...especially since the kids came along. Someone gets sick...out for a week. And I'm sure I don't have to tell you how hard it is to get back in once there is a lapse.

As a mom, I don't do much for myself. Working out is my sanity. Part of me not losing my mind is feeling good...I get that from a great workout. We have to take care of ourselves to take care of our children, right?

When I first started this blog, it was focused on children. Now, as I change and grow with my children, the dynamic of Secrets of a Momaholic will have some changes along the way as well.

I want moms to feel great about themselves. If you aren't into fitness, I hope to inspire you to at least introduce it into your life. A walk can do lots for a stressful day- believe me!

Come November, Secrets of a Momaholic will be a year in the making. I have learned a lot since I started this from nothing. I knew nothing about the business of blogging and I still have so much to learn a year plus later. I hope to keep the readers I have and gain new ones along the way.

Taking a new path can sometimes lead you to where you were always meant to be. Hopefully as I turn over this new leaf, I find my place and my voice and where it is meant to be.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I reflect on this post months after writing it, I realized what matters most is staying true to yourself. If I stay true to myself and write about what I love...I'm hoping the rest will follow. Inspiring other moms to lead a healthy lifestyle with their families is something I find very important. I hope to accomplish this goal while growing my blog.

If you have been with me from the beginning, I truly thank you! If you are new, I hope to offer you something that brings you back again and again.

 

10 comments:

  1. I'm excited for the changes you have upcoming; they all sound so positive. Giving the blog a makeover, making time for yourself/writing, and being active at the gym. With children in school, you'll have a bit more time to yourself and it's wonderful you are planning to spend it wisely :) Kudos to you!

    Stopping in from SITS Sharefest. What a lovely blog you have here! Happy weekend to you :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the wonderful comment Charlotte! It's a work in progress!

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous picture. But I think you're right, if you stay true to yourself and to the vision you have for your blog, the rest will follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your right Melissa! It's not easy when there are so many great blogs out there! xo

      Delete
  3. Could not agree with you more. When I read something that is authentic and real, no matter what the topic is, I love it. Great post. Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for all of your wonderful comments. I know you understand exactly what I'm saying and just how hard it is to make it in this business of blogging.

      Delete
  4. It's timely for me to read this since today is my three year anniversary of my blog. Blogiversary, they call it? At first it was a way for me to record time with my then eight-month-old daughter. And now I've been through the ringer and back and my daughter is now 3 1/2 and I have an eight-month-old son! And I'm starting a photography business. Oh my little blog has been through a lot. Here's to changes for us all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well congrats on your 3 year "blogiversary"! That's awesome! They say most blogs don't make it past a year so you are doing great!

      Thank you for commenting!

      Going to check out your site now!

      Delete
  5. Change is important in life. We are every moving and changing. Transforming. Followed you from SITS. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this post. What a great thing to do during your free time, and I love that you're giving yourself space to grow on this blog as well - some people feel tied down to your topic, but I'm totally with you... people change, things change, life changes. PS. Glad to be along for the ride :)

    ReplyDelete