Pages

1.30.2015

Baked Whole-Wheat Raspberry Doughnuts


Yes. I'm the mom sending heart shaped everything in the kids lunches! Don't hate me- join me! These aren't just pretty and yummy- they're healthy too! 

Popsugar moms posted these baked treats (yes, I said baked!) made from Weelicious. The raspberries were so appealing, I immediately knew I had to make them in heart form for V day. 

I'll be whipping up a couple of more batches because these bad boys went pretty quickly! I swapped out the buttermilk that the original recipe called for, for applesauce. I don't keep buttermilk in the house so I used something I had. They taste amazing and are kid approved! I'm happy to give them a healthier alternative to the greasy, fattening doughnut. 







INGREDIENTS

1¼ cups whole-wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
½ cup white sugar
1 large egg
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup fresh raspberries





DIRECTIONS

  1. 1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a doughnut pan with cooking spray and lightly dust it with flour.
  2. 2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
  3. 3. In a standing mixer (or in a bowl using a hand mixer), cream the butter and sugar.
  4. 4. Add the egg, applesauce, and vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined.
  5. 5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
  6. 6. Spoon the batter into the prepared doughnut pan (filling each well three-quarters full).
  7. Bake for 14 minutes, or until the tops spring back when lightly pressed.




No comments:

Post a Comment